Friday, November 4, 2016

Naming this Blog

I thought: "No brainer, done deal". After all, the blog supports my www.videolux.org site and YouTube channel. I'll name it "The official blog of videolux.org in the Philippines"... Or something along those lines. That obviously didn't happen.

The name i settled on is an excerpt from the description of my YouTube channel on the "About" tab. It was intended to expand on, and include additional details related to the gadgets and gear I buy. It would be nice to share the research, tips & tricks, my personal user experience and insights - As well as any links that would benefit (me) or anyone subscribing to the channel.

But then i second guessed it, i have so much more i could, and should, and want to share. I thought the name of the Blog was limiting, somewhat material oriented - Maybe even trite?

I find that as i share more within my expanded interest in somehow, someway "making a difference".
A blog would be a great platform documenting what worked for me. From my experiences finding mentor programs and inspirational support communities online, to expressing my appreciation for those that have made contributions to me, and to the world. And my growing desire, and need to promote their causes, ideas, products or services.

I realized that in promoting what enlightened me, maybe in some way, even a small way I would become a part of what i found to be beneficial, inspiring, positive (Life changing!) and simply downright awesome and cool.

So why did i keep the name? "Smash it, trash it - Or can't live without it?"


The name implies (as originally intended) "an object", something one might desire - The connotation therein is the lure of material things.

But it is not limited in it's scope of application to mere physical possessions. It can be applied to a way of thinking, a behavior or habit, a lifestyle, culture, or locale.

Or is it?

I invite you to come along and find out. Please join me on this venture, follow, or better yet contribute and become a small part of something that hopefully made a difference for you as you read it here. And perhaps what you share here, or where you share what you find here will in turn inspire others, increasing the momentum and integration of what we have collectively declared and appreciated that expands the continuum of  "enlightening, awesome and cool" in our universe.

My name is Eric, click to check out this 60 second video and get to know a little bit about me and what i do with www.videolux.org

Tara na!!








No comments:

Post a Comment